Philadelphia Drag Queen Valencia Prime Dead at 25 After Collapsing Onstage During Performance


LGBTQ people in Philadelphia are in sorrow at the passing of a cherished young performer.


According to club owner Jeffrey Scotland, Valencia Prime, a 25-year-old transgender woman who performed drag and billed herself as "Philadelphia's Plus Size Dancing Diva," passed away on stage while performing at Tabu on Monday night.


The Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office did not immediately answer PEOPLE's request for comment, and it is unknown what caused her death.


In a statement published on Instagram, Tabu paid homage to Prime: "We grieve the death of a person who was always vibrant and upbeat, a very brilliant and rising star in the performing arts community. We bid Valencia Prime farewell, but we won't soon forget the brilliance you delivered on the stage."


For "their blessing and advice" on a prospective tribute performance, the bar stated in another post that they are in contact with Prime's family.


Christiana Marcus-McRae, Prime's mother, also posted the tragic news of her son's passing on Facebook. I gave birth to my second kid on April 2, 1993, at 7:58 p.m., and today I'm making funeral preparations, she said.


Since its Wednesday debut by Prime's friend and fellow performer Nikita Sinnn Monroe, the GoFundMe campaign has generated more than $10,000 to help Prime's family with funeral expenses.


"Dearest family and friends, It is with great sadness that we inform you all of the quiet passing of our loveliest Valencia Prime "As part of the campaign, Monroe wrote. "We would love for the community to support her mother and the rest of her family in providing her with the fitting tribute that we know she deserves," the community said.


Burlesque artist and sexuality educator Dr. Timaree Schmit paid tribute to Prime on Twitter: "In the previous several years, this community has seen a great deal of grief. Valencia Prime was a charming individual with skills. Babe, enjoy your power."


In a Facebook tribute, drag queen Brittany Lynn said the following: "You will be terribly missed, Valencia Prime. You were always willing to perform or to message me later to say, "Good work, sir." Your service to everyone will always be remembered in Out & About. Keep spinning, please."


I'm trying, said Aloe Vera, another artist, in a statement. You were the one who showed me how to be strong and courageous, therefore I'm striving to be both of those things. I wouldn't wish anyone else's suffering that I'm experiencing right now. You have been and always will be my light. I wish


"Without you, I understood how to survive. I wish I knew how to uplift those who are suffering right now. However, a part of my soul has been stolen from me, and without you, I'm finding it difficult to stand up for myself. Valencia, I adore you with all of my heart. Rest in strength "Added Vera.


Click here for more trending news

You can also follow us on our Facebook page

You can also follow us on our Twitter page

Comments